- fraud.org – resources that can help you spot a scam, file a complaint and learn about scams.
- “ID Theft & Account Fraud – Prevention & Cleanup” – a helpful resource provided by Consumer Action offered in numerous languages.
- The Federal Trade Commission's IdentityTheft.gov – the federal government’s one-stop resource for identity theft victims, featuring streamlined checklists and sample letters to guide you through the recovery process
- AARP Fraud Watch Network – alerts, quizzes and other resources to help you be security- and privacy-savvy, share your story and receive assistance and take action to fight fraud
- The IRS does not initiate contact with taxpayers by email or any social media tools; it offers resources on how to report phishing.