The executive director is the chief executive officer of NCSA; this role reports to the NCSA Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and drive NCSA’s strategic goals
- Oversee and manage NCSA overall operations, programs and staff
- Serve as principal spokesperson for NCSA in the media, at events and in other activities
- Oversee and manage NCSA budget and finances
- Develop and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, including those from the private sector, government, academia, nonprofits and beyond
- Develop new financial support for the organization
- Oversee and ensure compliance with the contractual obligations of NCSA to its partners
- Establish, track, analyze and report on success metrics to funders and other key stakeholders
- Expand stakeholder engagement with key organizations
- At least 15 years of nonprofit or industry experience, including programmatic leadership
- Demonstrated experience working as a facilitator of partnerships with government, industry and nonprofit organizations
- Experience in developing and implementing events and communications programs; familiarity with traditional and social media
- Superlative organizational skills
- Knowledge of basic cybersecurity and data privacy
- Ability to juggle numerous priorities while maintaining a positive attitude and remaining supportive of staff
About the Organization
NCSA, located in Washington, D.C., is a collaborative effort among experts in the security, nonprofit, academic and government fields to teach consumers, small businesses and members of the education community about internet security. NCSA aims to increase awareness about the risks associated with using internet technologies and how to help protect against them, while also providing free tips, checklists and best practices for remaining safe while online. Through collaboration with the government, corporate, nonprofit and academic sectors, the mission of NCSA is to create a culture of cybersecurity and safety awareness by providing the knowledge and tools necessary to prevent cybercrime and attacks. Additional information can be found at staysafeonline.org.
If your skills, experience and enthusiasm align with this position’s requirements and responsibilities, please forward a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume. Salary is negotiable depending on experience, and only applicants with salary requirements will be considered. Send materials to [email protected]. Submitted resumes will be considered until the position is filled.