CyberSecure My Business™ is a comprehensive national program led by the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) to help businesses of all sizes learn to be safer and more secure online.
Learn how to help keep your business secure with this newsletter. This month, we’re highlighting our upcoming webinar along with the latest news on holiday scams, how to safely delete data from old devices and resources for safe online holiday shopping.
- CyberSecure My Business™ Webinar – Make Protecting Your Small Business Assets Against Cyber Threats a Goal This New Year
Join NCSA and guest speakers from the National Institute of Standards and Technology and Trend Micro on Wednesday, January 9, 2-3 p.m. EST to learn basic strategies for protecting your business this new year. NCSA’s Director of Small Business Education will also share some “quick wins” you can implement immediately. Register here.
Business-focused Cybersecurity News
- Proper Disposal of Electronic Devices Guidance
Are you wiping your old devices to make room for the new ones you receive this holiday season, or looking to donate your used devices to charity? This DHS guide explains how to do so securely and keep your sensitive information safe.
- The 12 Scams of Christmas: What to Look For and How to Avoid Them
The Better Business Bureau shares common scams both consumers and businesses should look out for this season – a time when fraudsters and hackers ramp up their targeted efforts to steal your holiday cheer…and money.
- Avoiding Holiday Threats and Cyber Scams
Holiday shopping is at its peak, and as always, cybercriminals are ready to take advantage of eager buyers worldwide. Check out Trend Micro’s tips for avoiding giving away your sensitive information this holiday season.
Resources to Download and Share
- View and Download NCSA’s Online Holiday Shopping Tip Sheet
Before you purchase those holiday gifts, it is important to be aware of some simple, actionable steps you can take to protect highly personal data like credit card numbers and friends’ and family’s addresses.
- Cybersecurity Awareness Toolkit
Facebook, MediaPRO and the National Cyber Security Alliance partnered to bring you the Cybersecurity Awareness Toolkit – a special resource for the small business community. The toolkit features:
- Facebook’s tips for creating your own “Hacktober,” which is a fun and engaging security awareness program
- NCSA’s “Quick Wins”, highlighting smart cybersecurity practices and small business resources list
- MediaPRO’s “Best Practices Guide for Comprehensive Employee Awareness Programs”
- The New Data Security Essentials Evaluation Tool
This tool arms small merchants with security basics to protect against payment data theft and to help small merchants simplify their security and reduce their risk.
- How to Avoid, Detect and Survive Email Fraud
Check out this free summary with Vauda Jordan, Director of Information Security and IT Service Delivery at P.F. Chang’s. It includes over 20 Q&A’s and immediate actions recommended by subject matter experts from the Cybersecurity Collaborative.
In Case you Missed It
- CyberSecure My Business™ Webinar – Learn About Small Business Cybersecurity Insurance
Small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) remain a prime target for cyber criminals. Because of that, cyber insurance has become a popular topic among the SMB community. In this webinar, you’ll learn about when a small business should get a cyber insurance policy and what to look for.
- CyberSecure My Business™ Webinar – New Small Business Cyber Resources for the New Year
National Cybersecurity Awareness Month featured some great new resources for the business community. The National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education released “Cybersecurity is Everyone’s Job.” This guidebook provides things to know, and things to do, for everyone in an organization, regardless of its type or size. The Department of Homeland Security also unveiled its new “Cybersecurity Resources Road Map,” a Guide for Critical Infrastructure. In this webinar you’ll hear an overview about each resource and discuss the quick tips and takeaways your small business needs to know!