CyberSecure My Business™ Newsletter – March
March 13, 2019
CyberSecure My Business™ is a comprehensive national program led by the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) to help businesses of all sizes learn to be safer and more secure online.
Learn how to help keep your business secure with this newsletter. This month, we’re highlighting upcoming webinars and workshops, 7 mobile security threats you should be aware of, the new NIST Small Business Cybersecurity Corner and more.
- CyberSecure My Business™ Webinar – Cybersecurity Threats to Precision Agriculture
Tuesday, March 19, 2-3 p.m. EDT
Two authors (FBI and CHS, Inc.) from the recently published “Cyber Threats to Precision Agriculture” report will join us to highlight the vulnerabilities arising from use of precision agriculture. Potential threat scenarios and suggested best practices for producers and related agri-business will also be shared. Register Here.
- CyberSecure My Business™ Webinar – Spring Has Sprung: Time for a Digital Spring Cleaning
Tuesday, April 9, 2-3 p.m. EDT
As you clean your home and office this spring, take some time to declutter your digital life. Join us on April 9, where we’ll feature tips and resources for doing a digital spring cleaning. This will help your small business free up more space, get off unwanted lists, improve your privacy and security and spring into summer free of digital clutter. Register Here.
- CyberSecure My Business™ In-Person Workshop: San Jose, California
Monday, March 25, 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. PDT, Silicon Valley United States Patent & Trademark Office, San Jose, CA
Are you in the San Jose, CA area? Join National Cyber Security Alliance along with local and national partners for an engaging morning session to explore small business cybersecurity. Learn more and register.
- 7 Mobile Security Threats You Should Take Seriously in 2019
Mobile malware? Some mobile security threats are more pressing. This year, every enterprise should have its eye on these seven issues.
- Don’t Buy A Breach
Considering a merger or acquisition? This article highlights 10 cybersecurity red flags to look for during merger and acquisition due diligence.
- The Role of IT in SMB Cybersecurity
As we move further into 2019, take some time to reassess the role of your IT team and the critical importance of cybersecurity. IT shouldn’t be asked to do more with less. Give them the resources, support and guidance needed to move your company in the right direction with its cybersecurity initiative.
- SMB Alert: Beware of 2019 Tax Scams Tip Sheet
This National Cyber Security Alliance resource shares steps to help protect your company’s data along with the personal information of your employees and customers during a period of high online traffic.
- New NIST Small Business Cybersecurity Corner website
This website was developed in response to Congress’s call to NIST to disseminate consistent, clear, concise and actionable cybersecurity resources to small businesses.
- Google released a free Phishing quiz you can use to see how good you and your staff are at identifying phishing attempts.
- Global Cybersecurity Alliance recently released their Cybersecurity Toolkit for Small Businesses.