CyberSecure My Business™ is a comprehensive, national program led by the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) to help businesses of all sizes learn to be safer and more secure online.
This month, we’re highlighting upcoming webinars and workshops, the best news and resources from Small Business Week 2019 and spring cleaning advice for a digital declutter.
Events and Initiatives
- CyberSecure My Business™ Webinar: Detecting a Cyber Incident in Your Small Business
Tuesday, June 11, 2-3 p.m. EDT
It is important to detect a cyber incident as soon as you can to limit the amount of damage to your small- or medium-sized business. In this webinar, we’ll talk all about detection and what you can do to limit or contain the impact of a potential cybersecurity issue.
Are you interested in hosting a CyberSecure My Business™ workshop in your state/region or having an NCSA representative speak at your event? Reach out to Daniel Eliot, Director of Education & Strategic Initiatives ([email protected]) to learn more.
- One in Three Organizations Suffered Data Breaches Due to Mobile Devices
A new Verizon report shows a significant disparity between organizations’ mobile security concerns and the practices they implement to keep these devices, and the data they contain, protected.
- Creating A Cyber Aware Culture in Your SMB
Culture is more than written rules and policies, it lives in your employees’ hearts and minds. So how do you make cybercrime and fraud protection key attributes of your company culture?
- ITSPmagazine Podcast
Daniel Eliot discusses NCSA’s new strategic partnership with ITSPmagazine for small business education.
- 6 Cybersecurity Mistakes you May be Making
You may know the basics and might even have some antivirus software installed on your computer but is that enough? What steps can you take to stay safe and empowered online? What mistakes should you avoid? A little awareness can go a long way.
- Cyber Criminals Target Poorly Protected Small Businesses
“While cyber attacks on well-known, large companies tend to grab all the headlines, it’s smaller businesses that are much more likely to fall victim.” David Prosser discusses how cybercriminals are expanding their activities and targeting small businesses more frequently.
- Keeping Retail Technology Secure in the Digital Age
The unstoppable advancements in this digital age have been fast-moving and ever changing. The need to keep retail technology secure in today’s world should be a top priority for businesses of all sizes.
- WATCH: Facebook Account Security for Small Business
We teamed up with Facebook Security to provide four of our top tips to help protect your business page.
- The Federal Trade Commission’s small business resources
- (NEW!) Vea esta página en español
- Digital Spring Cleaning Checklist for Small Businesses
Clean up your business’ digital assets to help keep your valuable data more secure.
In Case You Missed It
- WATCH: Creating a Cyber Aware Employee Culture in Your Business – CyberSecure My Business™ Webinar (recorded)
In honor of Small Business Week 2019, NCSA hosted a webinar during which Infosec, the Michigan Small Business Development Center and the Federal Trade Commission discussed best practices and resources for creating a cyber-aware employee culture in your small- to medium-sized business.