#CyberAware is a family-friendly newsletter from the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA). This month, we’re highlighting how you can safely navigate your summer adventures online and how each generation stacks up when it comes to cybersecurity, along with recent online safety news.
Timely Resource from NCSA
- Digital Summer Lovin’ – Staying Safe With Online Connections and Friendships: Warmer weather means more free time for social media, gaming, online dating/meetup apps and connecting with friends and family both near and far. But before you – and your family – make a splash, don’t forget online safety, security and privacy. Last month we hosted a Twitter chat to share tips for safely navigating your summer adventures from a digital perspective. Check out the insights and advice in our recap!
New Blog Posts
- A Look Into Online Security Through the Ages: LastPass recently released a survey that explored several generations’ different opinions and approaches when it came to online security. The results show that no matter what the age, people are nervous about their personal accounts getting hacked, and for good reason. Here are a few insights about each generation’s technology habits and tips on how you can improve your online security.
- Tips to Avoid Becoming a Victim of Fraud: Fraud can exist within any industry or market involving consumers’ money, but there are also dozens of scams of which to be aware. Here are a few popular scams to watch out for while protecting your family’s personal information.
Online Safety in the News
- Beware Fraudsters When You Go Online: For some older adults, going online links them to larger communities for support, but there are also downsides like fake emails and other scams. Help the older adults in your family be aware of online threats and how to surf the web more safely before they connect and explore the internet.
- Millions of Verizon Customers’ Account PINS Leaked – Here’s Why You Should Still Have One: A recent security incident at Verizon resulted in millions of customers’ billing PINS being exposed; BuzzFeed shares why this leak matters for customers and what you can do to protect your account now and in the future.
Want more family-friendly online safety resources? Sign up for the #CyberAware newsletter to receive monthly updates.