Consumer data is valuable to your organization, but consumers value their information, too: Nearly 75% of Americans feel it is “extremely” or “very important” that companies have easy-to-understand, accessible information about what personal data is collected about them, how it is used and with whom it is shared. Data Privacy Day – held annually on Jan. 28 – is less than two weeks away and is an opportunity to educate and learn more about respecting privacy, safeguarding data and enabling trust. These resources and events from the National Cyber Security Alliance can help you and your organization be more #PrivacyAware.
Privacy is Good for Business
Here are some actions you can take to create a culture of respecting privacy, safeguarding data and enabling trust in your organization.
Time is Running Out to Champion Data Privacy Day!
Everyone can do their part to build a culture of privacy awareness by becoming a Data Privacy Day Champion. Join hundreds of organizations and individuals by taking action and signing up today. As a Champion you’ll get privacy and online safety updates, upcoming event details and a privacy awareness toolkit to help you spread the word. It’s easy and free to register!
Get Involved on Social Media
Share the Privacy is Good for Business infographic, our Data Privacy Day memes and these sample posts on social media to show your commitment to privacy and protecting personal information. Be sure to use #PrivacyAware in all of your posts!
- #Privacy is everyone’s business – Expect it. Respect it. Protect it this #PrivacyAware Day! (Jan.28)
- Why does #privacy matter? The #PrivacyAware Library has answers: http://dprivacyd.info/privlibrary
- #PrivacyAware Day is Jan. 28! Find out more here: http://dprivacyd.info/165HkQm
- Hear from experts on the latest #privacy topics during the @DataPrivacyDay livestream on Jan 26: https://dataprivacyday2017.eventbrite.com #PrivacyAware
Sign Up to Watch the 2017 Data Privacy Day Event Live From Twitter HQ
Thursday, Jan. 26
Join NCSA and a host of experts for exciting TED-style talks, segments and interviews focusing on the latest privacy issues for consumers and business.
Register to watch the event live. The event will be available on Livestream, Periscope and Facebook Live.
Not-to-be-missed segments include:
- 10 Things Startups Must Know About Privacy
- The Tipping Point: Regulation and the Internet of Things
- Women in Privacy
- Presented by the Churchill Club: Data of the People, by the People, for the People
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Cisco, Intel, Solera and Twitter are leading sponsors; ForgeRock and LifeLock are contributing sponsors, and Privacy Ref is a supporting sponsor.
To learn more about sponsorship or make a donation, contact us at [email protected].
For more information about Data Privacy Day and how you can get involved, visit staysafeonline.org/dpd.