Data Privacy Day is held annually on Jan. 28 to create awareness about the importance of respecting privacy, safeguarding data and enabling trust. Here are a few resources to help you be more #PrivacyAware from the National Cyber Security Alliance – plus, learn how you can get involved this Data Privacy Day.
We’ve created an engaging, informative video to help you understand how to manage your privacy in the Internet of Me. Check it out and share with your friends, family, colleagues and community!
Last Chance to Sign Up As a Data Privacy Day Champion!
Join hundreds of organizations and individuals in the greater effort. Everyone can do their part to build a culture of privacy awareness by becoming a Champion. It’s easy and free to sign up! As a Champion you’ll get privacy and online safety updates, upcoming event details and a privacy awareness toolkit to help you spread the word. Time is running out, so sign up now.
Count Down With Us on Social Media
We’ve created some memes to help you count down to Data Privacy Day. Post one each day with one of the tips below – and share the “Happy Data Privacy Day” meme on Jan. 28! Share these memes along with our fun, helpful infographics on social media to show your commitment to privacy and protecting personal information. Be sure to use #PrivacyAware in all of your posts!
- #PrivacyAware Day is Jan. 28! Find out more here: http://dprivacyd.info/165HkQm
- Stay #PrivacyAware all year round with the NCSA newsletter. Register now: http://dprivacyd.info/2ffpeKb
- Transparency builds trust: Be open & honest about how you collect, use & share my information. http://dprivacyd.info/1creD8s #PrivacyAware
- INFOGRAPHIC: Personal information is like money. Value it. Protect it. This infographic can help: http://dprivacyd.info/2fTN1Ms
- Better protect your #data and #LockDownURlogin this #PrivacyAware Day. Learn more: https://lockdownyourlogin.com
- Hear from experts on the latest #privacy topics during the @DataPrivacyDay livestream on Jan 26: https://dataprivacyday2017.eventbrite.com #PrivacyAware
- Learn how to Share With Care this @DataPrivacyDay during an exciting livestreamed event on Jan. 26: https://dataprivacyday2017.eventbrite.com #PrivacyAware
Don’t Miss the 2017 Data Privacy Day Event Live From Twitter HQ – Register Now
Thursday, Jan. 26
Join NCSA and a host of experts for exciting TED-style talks, segments and interviews focusing on the latest privacy issues for consumers and business.
Register to watch the event live. The event will be available on Livestream, Periscope and Facebook Live.
Not-to-be-missed segments include:
- Wearable Tech and Collegiate Athletes: A Hitch for Privacy?
- Managing and Securing Your Digital Identity in a World of Connected Cars
- Scams, ID Theft and Fraud, Oh My – And Ways to Fight Back
- Privacy and Connected Toys
- Presented by the Churchill Club: Data of the People, by the People, for the People
Thank You To Our Sponsors
- Leading sponsors: Twitter, Cisco, Solera, Intel
- Contributing sponsors: ForgeRock, LifeLock
- Supporting sponsor: Privacy Ref
- In partnership with: Churchill Club, Women in Security and Privacy
To learn more about sponsorship or make a donation, contact us at [email protected].
For more information about DPD 2017 and how you can get involved, visit staysafeonline.org/dpd