National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) kicks off this Thursday, Oct. 1, and we hope you’ll participate by helping promote a safer, more secure and more trusted Internet all month long. We’re making it easy to support NCSAM 2015 by providing materials for each week that you can share at home, at work and school and in the community.
The first week of NCSAM 2015 focuses on Five Years of STOP. THINK. CONNECT. – Best Practices for All Digital Citizens. NCSAM will launch with a focus on making STOP. THINK. CONNECT. a guiding principle to help us have safer, more secure digital lives. Check out our infographic on the fifth anniversary of STOP. THINK. CONNECT. and share on social mediaSocial Media ResourcesJoin @STOPTHNKCONNECT’s Twitter chat on Oct. 1 at 3 p.m. EDT/noon PDT to kick off the month and discuss online safety around the world. Use #ChatSTC to join!
Download and share our NCSAM week 1 memes on social media. (You can even share them with the posts above!)
Check out and share our video breakdown of Oct. 1-2.
Share these sample social media posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ during the first week of NCSAM (or
create your own):
- It’s National #CyberSecurity Awareness Month! Show support by becoming a #CyberAware Champion:http://ncsam.info/1eN1Ys8
- #Cybersecurity is Our Shared Responsibility. Happy #CyberAware Month! http://ncsam.info/13o8jKO
- Celebrate #CyberAware Month w/ a #ChatSTC Twitter chat 10/1 at 3 p.m. ET! We’ll honor 5 yrs. of @STOPTHNKCONNECT & share #onlinesafety tips.
- Week 1 of #CyberAware Month is all about simple #onlinesafety advice: @STOPTHNKCONNECT. What’s your top tip for staying #safe #online?
- It’s National #CyberSecurity Awareness Month! Show support & register as a NCSAM Champion – it’s free! http://ncsam.info/1eN1Ys8 #CyberAware
- #ShareWithCare: What you #post can last a lifetime! Think first about who can see a post & how it might be perceived. #CyberAware #privacy
- Personal information is like money. Value it. #Protect it. More #privacy tips here:http://dprivacyd.info/1xVn0UB #cCyberAware
- Mark 5 years of @STOPTHNKCONNECT this #CyberAware Month & register your org. as a STOP. THINK. CONNECT. partner! http://ncsam.info/1GzqJK4
- This #CyberAware Month remember: STOP. Check #security measures; THINK. about #online actions’ consequences; CONNECT. & enjoy the #Internet!
- Promote safe #online habits & receive free #cyber tips as a Friend of the STOP. THINK. CONNECT. campaign: dhs.gov/stopthinkconnect-friends-campaign-program #CyberAware
- Keep a #Clean Machine: Keep #security #software, browsers & operating systems up to date to #protect against #online threats. #CyberAware
- Get #lockdownURlogin this #CyberAware Month by enabling 2-factor #authentication on your #email & #banking accounts: http://stopthinkconnect.org/2stepsahead
- #CyberAware Month #security tip: When in doubt, throw it out: If a #message, #link or #post looks suspicious, #delete &/or mark as junk.
- We are #CyberAware. Are you? http://ncsam.info/16SuibE
Join the Greater Effort
Become a NCSAM Champion: Register yourself and/or your organization as a Champion to take action in support of NCSAM. It’s easy and free to sign up!
Support the 5th anniversary of STOP. THINK. CONNECT. and join more than 270 organizations in promoting the campaign by registering your organization as a STOP. THINK. CONNECT. partner.
Connect with NCSA throughout October and year-round by signing up for our mailing list.