Your NCSAM Materials for Oct. 10-14, 2016
National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) is well underway, and we hope you’ll participate by helping promote a safer, more secure and more trusted internet all month long. The National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) is making it easy to support NCSAM by providing materials for each week that you can share at home, at work and school and in the community.
Week 2 of NCSAM 2016’s theme is From the Break Room to the Boardroom: Creating a Culture of Cybersecurity in the Workplace. The week will focus on creating a culture of cybersecurity in the workplace through efforts like employee education, training and awareness and by emphasizing risk management, resistance and resilience. Check out our infographic on the steps to a cybersecure organization and share on social mediaThe NCSAM 2016 Media Backgrounder is here! This resource is sent to thousands of local and regional reporters nationwide. It’s packed with lots of valuable information that you can use as well, including research, fast facts and story ideas. Check it out here.
Be A Part of Something BigBecome a NCSAM Champion: Join more than 1,000 organizations and individuals and register yourself and/or your organization as a Champion to take action in support of NCSAM. Champions receive a toolkit of materials they can use to spread awareness about online safety and security. It’s free and easy to sign up!
Support the 6th anniversary of STOP. THINK. CONNECT.™ – and join more than 490 organizations in promoting the global online safety awareness and education campaign – by registering your organization as a STOP. THINK. CONNECT.™ partner.
The National Cyber Security Alliance is partnering with the FedEx Institute of Technology Cluster for the Advancement of Cybersecurity and Testing (CAST) and the Center for Information Assurance to host the Mid-South Cyber Security Summit on Friday, Oct. 14, in Memphis, TN. The event will bring together cybersecurity leaders in government, corporations and research to address the most pressing concerns and emerging trends facing our society today and focus on new cyber threats and counterintelligence. The event will be livestreamed here.Learn more and register for the Summit here.Other NCSA and partner events can be found here.
Social Media ResourcesJoin @STOPTHNKCONNECT’s Twitter chat on Thursday, Oct. 13, at 3 p.m. EDT/noon PDT to discuss creating a culture of cybersecurity at work. Use #ChatSTC to join!
Download and share our NCSAM memes on social media. (You can even share them with the posts below!)
Check out and share our video overview of NCSAM Week 2.
Share these sample posts on social media during the second week of NCSAM (or create your own). Don’t forget to use the hashtag #CyberAware!
- It’s week 2 of #CyberAware Month! What is your org doing to creating a culture of #cybersecurity in the workplace?
- Week 2 of #CyberAware Month covers #security from break room to boardroom. Find out more: http://ncsam.info/13o8jKO
- 86% of Americans say they avoid companies that don’t protect their #privacy. Get #CyberAware
- Big or small, ALL businesses face #cybersecurity challenges. Make #security a priority before it’s too late! #CyberAware
- From break room to board room, RE: Cyber has your #cybersecurity biz news. Check it out this #CyberAware Month: http://ncsam.info/1eEQE2U
- DHS (@cyber) provides #smallbiz resources that can help you protect your business & customers this #CyberAware Month: http://www.dhs.gov/publication/stopthinkconnect-small-business-resources
- #Privacy is good for #business! Make it a top priority this #CyberAware Month! https://staysafeonline.org/stay-safe-online/resources/privacy-is-good-for-business-infographic
- Be #aware of what’s being shared. #Educate staff about their roles & the value of protecting #consumer & employee info. #CyberAware #privacy
- Make protecting your staff & customers’ personal info a priority this #CyberAware Month. Learn more & get involved: http://ncsam.info/13o8jKO
- Receive a suspicious #email at work? Speak up & report. Find out more about #CyberAware Month: http://ncsam.info/13o8jKO
- Check out the @FTC’s small #business page for #cybersecurity resources to help protect your #biz this #CyberAware Month: https://www.onguardonline.gov/features/feature-0007-featured-info-small-business
- You’re the 1st & last line of defense in keeping your #biz #safe #online. Learn more & join in this #CyberAware Month: http://ncsam.info/13o8jKO
- Our #biz is a proud #CyberAware Champion! Become one this #CyberAware Month: http://ncsam.info/1eN1Ys8
- In the spirit of #CyberAware Month, be sure to learn & apply your org’s #cybersecurity policies.
- This #CyberAware Month, #safeguard your #company’s #data as if it were your own. More about #cybersecurity for biz: http://ncsam.info/1eEQE2U
- 37% of Americans are concerned about orgs sharing their info. Be open and transparent this #CyberAware Month! http://ncsam.info/1TGGpSg
- Protect your #business – no matter how large or small – with alerts, tips & resources from DHS @USCERT_gov. #CyberAware
- Learn more about the #cybersecurity biz this #CyberAware Month! Check out the @Raytheon career paths infographic: http://ncsam.info/1U2K8p1
- Businesses face significant financial loss from #cyber incidents. Find tips to keep your #biz #secure at https://dhs.gov/stopthinkconnect. #CyberAware
- Our business supports #CyberAware Month by being an official NCSAM Champion! Sign yours up today! http://ncsam.info/1eN1Ys8
- [email protected]’s #Data #Breach Report shows how important it is to have a #culture of #cybersecurity at work:http://www.idtheftcenter.org/images/breach/DataBreachReports_2016.pdf
- Keep your #business safe #online this #CyberAware Month by establishing #security policies for #BYOD & #mobile #workforce.