There are less than three weeks remaining until Data Privacy Day – held annually on Jan. 28 to create awareness about the importance of respecting privacy, safeguarding data and enabling trust. As our world becomes more connected, it’s increasingly important to take steps to protect your personal information and help everyone be #PrivacyAware. Here are three things you can do now to join the greater effort.
Join Hundreds of Individuals and Organizations – Sign Up as a Data Privacy Day Champion
Everyone can do their part to build a culture of privacy awareness by becoming a Data Privacy Day Champion. It’s easy to become a Champion and does not require any financial support. As a Champion you’ll get privacy and online safety updates, upcoming event details and a privacy awareness toolkit to help you spread the word. Sign up today.
Get Involved on Social Media
You are continuously generating data about yourself and others. Your personal information, such as your behaviors and preferences, is the fuel that makes these devices work. Fortunately, there are things you can do to manage your privacy, Check out our infographic for tips on protecting your personal information in a growing Internet of Me.
Share the infographic and these sample posts on social media to show your commitment to privacy and protecting personal information. Be sure to use #PrivacyAware in all your posts!
- Privacy matters to me b/c ______. #PrivacyAware
- I am #PrivacyAware – are you?
- Share with Care – what you post can last a lifetime. #PrivacyAware: http://dprivacyd.info/1xVn0UB
- I updated the privacy settings on at least one online account. You can too! http://dprivacyd.info/2fCNdkV #PrivacyAware
- #PrivacyAware Day is Jan. 28! Find out more here: http://dprivacyd.info/165HkQm
- Hear from experts on the latest #privacy topics during the @DataPrivacyDay livestream on Jan 26: https://dataprivacyday2017.eventbrite.com #PrivacyAware
- Learn how to Share With Care this @DataPrivacyDay during an exciting livestreamed event on Jan. 26: https://dataprivacyday2017.eventbrite.com #PrivacyAware
Sign Up to Watch the 2017 Data Privacy Day Event Live From Twitter HQ
Join NCSA and a host of experts online on Thursday, Jan. 26, for exciting TED-style talks, segments and interviews focusing on the latest privacy issues for consumers and business.
Register to watch the event live. The event will be available on Livestream, Periscope and Facebook Live. Register to watch the event live. The event will be available on Livestream, Periscope and Facebook Live.
Not-to-be-missed segments include:
- Scams, ID Theft and Fraud, Oh My – And Ways to Fight Back
- What You Should Know About the Internet of Me and Your Privacy
- Privacy and the Next President
- Growing Up Online and the Need for Teaching Privacy in Schools
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Cisco, Intel and Twitter are leading sponsors; ForgeRock and LifeLock are contributing sponsors; and Privacy Ref is a supporting sponsor
To learn more about sponsorship or make a donation, contact us at [email protected].
For more information about DPD 2017 and how you can get involved, visit staysafeonline.org/dpd.