An identity and access management (IAM) strategy can help organizations grant users and customers access to the right resources under the right conditions.
In this webinar, SANS and AWS Marketplace will provide guidance on how to architect and execute an IAM strategy with AWS services and third-party identity management solutions. They will cover defining permission guardrails, effectively enforcing least privilege at scale, and aligning identity with management and governance frameworks.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Centralize identity services in multi-account environments and continuously assess permissions
- Apply best practices of identity and permissions management as outlined in the Security Pillar of the AWS Well-Architected Framework and the Management and Governance Lens
- Build and enforce least privilege policies at scale
- Recognize where IAM can integrate with observability strategies
- Identify IAM use cases in cloud financial management, service management, and security operations
Who Should Attend?
Security Analysts, Security Architects, Security Engineers, Cloud Security Architects, and the office of the CISO
Dave Shackleford, Analyst and Senior Instructor at SANS
Dave Shackleford, a SANS analyst, senior instructor, course author, GIAC technical director, and member of the board of directors for the SANS Technology Institute, is the founder and principal consultant with Voodoo Security. He has consulted with hundreds of organizations in the areas of security, regulatory compliance, and network architecture and engineering. A VMware vExpert, Dave has extensive experience designing and configuring secure virtualized infrastructures. He previously worked as a chief security officer for Configuresoft and CTO for the Center for Internet Security. Dave currently helps lead the Atlanta chapter of the Cloud Security Alliance.
Subbu Somasundaram, Senior Category Lead, AWS
Subbu is a Senior Category Lead for AWS Marketplace and previously was a Skecurity Architect in the AWS Professional Services organization. Subbu has 15+ years of DevSecOps subject matter expertise, helping large enterprise customers with security transformation, DevSecOps, security architecture, and implementations. His security expertise includes Cloud, Enterprise, Application, Mobile, Payment cards, Protocol research, Reverse engineering, and NFC/RFID.