Here are some things you can do year-round to educate your employees and colleagues about cybersecurity, online safety and privacy.
- Post simple and actionable online safety tips around the office – for example, in the break room.
- Encourage your organization to get involved in the STOP. THINK. CONNECT.™ campaign by becoming a partner.
- Hold a brown bag lunch for employees to discuss your company’s IT security and acceptable use policies. Find talking points for employees here.
- Incorporate STOP. THINK. CONNECT.™ tips into employee handbooks and newsletters.
- Host an employee training on cybersecurity. Check out ESET’s free cybersecurity awareness training as a great resource.
- Lock down your login: Strengthen your company’s email and online accounts by adding extra layers of security beyond a username and password.
Need resources to share? STOP. THINK. CONNECT.™, the global awareness campaign to help all digital citizens stay safer and more secure online, offers a library of free resources, including tip sheets, posters, infographics and videos, which focus on various online safety, security and privacy topics.
Here’s a privacy tip to keep in mind during Data Privacy Day:
- Privacy is good for business: Create a culture of privacy at work by teaching all employees what privacy means to your organization and the role they have in making sure privacy is achieved and maintained.
Here’s how you can get involved in National Cyber Security Awareness Month and use it as an opportunity to foster cybersecurity awareness at work:
- Become a NCSAM Champion, and show your organization’s official involvement in the month. It’s free and simple to sign up.
- Display NCSAM resources, including posters and banners, in your workplace and/or on your company’s external or internal website.
- Send an email to colleagues, employees, customers about NCSAM. Highlight one or more of the themes and/or our shared responsibility to secure the internet. You can use information from the NCSAM “About” page in the email.
Online Cybersecurity Tip Sheet For All Digital Citizens (NCSAM Version)Learn More
Online Cybersecurity Tip Sheet For All Digital Citizens (CSAM Version)Learn More
Online Cybersecurity Advice For All Digital Citizens (NCSAM Version)Learn More