Privacy Is Good for Business
Personal information may be valuable to your business, but it’s also something your customers value. Consider taking these actions to create a culture of respecting privacy, safeguarding data and enabling trust in your organization.
- If you collect it, protect it. Follow reasonable security measures to protect individuals’ personal information from inappropriate and unauthorized access.
- Be open and honest about how you collect, use and share personal information. Clearly communicate your privacy practices and any tools you offer consumers to manage their data.
- Don’t count on your privacy notice as your only tool to educate consumers about your data practices. Communicate clearly and often to the public about what privacy means to your organization and the steps you take to achieve and maintain privacy and security.
- Create a culture of privacy in your organization. Educate employees about their role in privacy, security and respecting and protecting the personal information of colleagues and customers.
- Conduct due diligence and maintain oversight of partners and vendors. You are also responsible for how they use and collect personal information.
For additional information, you can visit our business resources page.