Update notifications from your devices are tempting to ignore, but they’re also incredibly important for maintaining the security and integrity of your system.
Introducing Holiday Update Cat…
Sitting beside (and sometimes on) your keyboard, Update Cat lounges around to remind you that regular system updates are an important part of everyone’s digital life — feline or human. Updates help protect your data, ensure a pawsitive user experience and give you greater peace of mind. With those covered, you have plenty of time for the important things in life like napping, chasing laser pointers and knocking sparkly ornaments off trees.
Sleigh This Holiday Season by Joining Update Cat (and his feline friends) and #UpdateMeow
Here’s how you can join the cool cats:
- Download the #UpdateMeow toolkit (NEW materials in the December kit below)
- Share a pic on social media of your update cat that reminds you to #UpdateMeow
- Use #UpdateMeow and share our claw-some graphics and gifs on social media. Here are a few posts to get you started:
- Sleigh your holiday shopping by keeping your computers up to date. #UpdateMeow staysafeonline.org/updatemeow
- Make the nice list by keeping your systems up to date. Will your feline friend make the naughty or nice list? Let us know! #UpdateMeow staysafeonline.org/updatemeow
- Download the #UpdateMeow Desktop Wallpapers and share with friends, family and colleagues!
- Learn how to get even more involved and get the details on Intel’s Update Cat Sweepstakes at intel.com/updatemeow
About the #UpdateMeow campaign
Intel and the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) have teamed up during National Cybersecurity Awareness Month to launch this national, coordinated effort to help remind desktop and laptop computer owners of the importance of keeping systems up-to-date. Microsoft has also joined as an early campaign supporter.
We understand that users are regularly hit with a variety of notifications from their devices and it’s tempting to ignore them. However, update notifications from operating system vendors or device manufacturers are important. Users should apply the update to secure their devices, protect their data and enjoy enhanced computing experiences.
The #UpdateMeow campaign developed by Intel in conjunction with NCSA uses humor and the popularity of cats to make consumers aware of the importance of system updates. The campaign introduces Update Cat to encourage consumers to #UpdateMeow. The communication approach uses fun cat photos and word play to promote system updates. The campaign message will be spread through social media and influencer activations.
The message is simple: when users receive an update notification from their device manufacturer or operating system vendor, they should verify the source and apply the update. It’s one of the easiest ways to help keep devices secure.
Together we can make our interconnected world more safe and secure. For more information, visit Intel.com/UpdateMeow.