Identity Management Day is dedicated to creating awareness about the importance of identity management and securing digital identities. There are multiple ways to get involved as an individual (secure your own online identities), as an IT or security professional (advocate for better identity management) and as an organization (implement best practices, processes, and technologies). Below are actionable steps that you can take to help spread the word about Identity Management Day and educate your colleagues, customers, and friends in the quest to Be Identity Smart.
Identity Management Day day is supported by companies and business leaders across a range of industries. Led by the Identity Defined Security Alliance, in partnership with the National Cyber Security Alliance.
Attend an Event on April 13th
- Identity Management Day Live Webcast – celebrate the Identity Management Evangelist and Organization of the Year award winners and hear from an expert panel dedicated to helping organizations and consumers protect their identities through industry best practices and market-leading solutions. 9am PT/12pm ET. Register.
- Secure Your Business with Proper Identity Management, hosted by National Cyber Security Alliance – join experts for an overview of proper identity management, and why it is essential to maintaining the Security Triangle. 11am PT/2pm ET. Register.
- Identity Management Day Twitter Chat, hosted by @staysafeonline – join the Twitter chat using #IDMgmtDayChat to feature your helpful information and resources and help your followers and others understand how to protect their online identities. 12pm PT/3pm ET. Learn More.
Spread The Word
- Post reminders about Identity Management Day, identity management best practices and success stories on social media using our social cards and the hashtags #IDMgmtDay and #BeIdentitySmart.
- Share identity management best practices with your colleagues and friends. Send an email with links to resources on the Identity Management Day website that advocate for more secure digital identities for organizations and consumers.
- Follow the Identity Management Day sponsors on Twitter (@idsalliance and @staysafeonline) and LinkedIn (Identity Defined Security Alliance and National Cyber Security Alliance) and Instagram (National Cyber Security Alliance).
Become an Identity Champion
- Announce your support for Identity Management Day. Use our press release template and include your recommendations and/or solution for identity management and secure digital identities.
- Become an Identity Management Champion. Add your name to the list of individuals and organizations who support better identity management.
- Post the Identity Management Day logo on your website, link to the Identity Management Day website and let your customers and partners know you are a part of Identity Management Day.
- Nominate an individual or an organization for an Identity Management Award – Identity Management Evangelist of the Year or Identity Management Organization of the Year.
Educate and Learn
- Practice good identity management and protect your personal digital identities. Follow the tips recommended by the National Cyber Security Alliance.
- Educate your customers about Identity Management Day. Include information in your customer communications, making them aware of the resources available to help them be more secure and encourage them to submit a nomination for the Identity Management Awards.
- Blog about Identity Management Day. Help organizations implement identity management best practices and recommendations for securing employee, contract, third party, machine, customer and consumer identities. Send a link to the blog for posting in Identity Management Day resources.
- Sign up for the newsletter. Stay informed about Identity Management Day events and other updates throughout the year.
To learn more about and get involved in Identity Management Day 2021, please visit www.identitymanagementday.org.