Identity Management Day is dedicated to creating awareness about the importance of identity management and securing digital identities. There are multiple ways to get involved as an individual (secure your own online identities), as an IT or security professional (advocate for better identity management) and as an organization (implement best practices, processes, and technologies). Below are actionable steps that you can take to help spread the word about Identity Management Day and educate your colleagues, customers, and friends in the quest to Be Identity Smart.
Identity Management Day day is supported by companies and business leaders across a range of industries. Led by the Identity Defined Security Alliance, in partnership with the National Cybersecurity Alliance.
- This one day virtual conference brings together security leaders, vendors, and advocates to raise awareness, share best practices, and inspire individuals —and organizations of all sizes—to take action when it comes to effectively managing and securing digital identities.
Spread The Word
- Highlight your participation in Identity Management Day, share identity management best practices and success stories on social media using our social cards and the hashtags #IDMgmtDay2022 and #BeIdentitySmart.
- Share identity management best practices with your colleagues and friends. Send an email with links to resources on the Identity Management Day website that advocate for more secure digital identities for organizations and consumers.
- Follow the Identity Management Day sponsors on Twitter (@idsalliance and @staysafeonline) and LinkedIn (Identity Defined Security Alliance and National Cybersecurity Alliance) and Instagram (National Cybersecurity Alliance).
Become an Identity Champion
- Announce your support for Identity Management Day. Use our press release template and include your recommendations and/or solution for identity management and secure digital identities.
- Become an Identity Management Champion. Add your name to the list of individuals and organizations who support better identity management.
- Post the Identity Management Day logo on your website, link to the Identity Management Day website and let your customers and partners know you are a part of Identity Management Day.
Celebrate Your Identity Team
- Nominate an individual or your organization for an Identity Management Award – Identity Management Project of the Year – Enterprise, Identity Management Project of the Year – SMB, Best Identity-Based Zero Trust Initiative, Identity Management Leader of the Year.
- Recognize your teammates who are contributing to the security of your organization. Use our social card to recognize them on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Educate and Learn
- Practice good identity management and protect your personal digital identities. Follow the tips recommended by the National Cybersecurity Alliance.
- Educate your customers about Identity Management Day. Include information in your customer communications, making them aware of the resources available to help them be more secure and encourage them to submit a nomination for the Identity Management Awards.
- Blog about Identity Management Day. Help organizations implement identity management best practices and recommendations for securing employee, contract, third party, machine, customer and consumer identities. Send a link to the blog for posting in Identity Management Day resources.
- Sign up for the newsletter. Stay informed about Identity Management Day events and other updates throughout the year.
Support the Next Generation
- Address the cybersecurity skill gap – donate to our scholarship program that will help provide financial support to high school students and career transitioners on their path to an identity smart cybersecurity career.
- Become a mentor– donate your time through the Security Advisor Alliance, CISOs and security professionals educating and inspiring the next generation of cybersecurity professionals.
- Co-sponsor a Converge event in your local school – these events, hosted by the Security Advisor Alliance, connect cybersecurity professionals with local educators and students to ensure a clear pathway into our industry and expands the pool of qualified candidates to fill open positions.
To learn more about and get involved in Identity Management Day, please visit www.identitymanagementday.org.